While recently ‘getting away’ for the weekend I was reminded how important it is to have these precious moments in life …
Getting out of your usual routine can be extremely therapeutic – especially if you have been struggling with stress, fatigue, anxiety, huge work loads, difficult circumstances in life, if you have had a lot of your plate recently, if you have been feeling drained and thinking ‘I just need to get away’…. chances are …. you do!
5 reasons you should look at getting away for a couple of days…
1) When you get away you are always looking at something new, your brain is somehow distracted with the beach, the nature, the different scenery … and this helps to turn those negative thinking loops off. By getting away even for a couple of days you can start thinking more positively and clearly because you don’t have reminders triggering you constantly, instead, allow the cold water of the sea to distract you, allow the smell in the forest to intrigue you. You don’t need to travel far away and spend huge amount of money. But it does help to have a scene you love looking at or being in.
2) When you get away you are more inclined to get up early and do exciting things – you are more likely to be thinking about the possibility of what the day holds vs thinking about getting that load of washing on. When you allow your mind to wonder the possibilities….. anything is truly possible. This process allows for a new muscle to start working…. and like any muscle – the more you use it the stronger it gets.
3) When you get away you are more inclined to do more physical activity usually with different types of exercise. Talking walks on the beach, swimming, or hiking on a trail, are all sure ways to get fresh oxygen into your lungs carrying nutrients to your blood, moving and getting unstuck, exploring and spending time in nature, allowing us to recharge energetically.
4) You can build your relationship stronger with your partner or friend or family member if you go together. Life can get so busy and it can be hard to find the time to simply chat and be. Getting away allows you to grow together and make some great memories. Taking photos is a great way to look back at the memory.
5) When you return home you somehow feel a shift in reality. Problems that seemed big before you return to with better judgement and distance and can even suddenly feel like it was a long time ago.
I hope you enjoyed this post and it has been of value to you.
Can you relate to any of these points?
Let us know in the comments.
Keep Shining Bright;
P.S. If you are looking for ways to create real change in your life watch this video.
P.P.S. For more ideas to take daily action stay connected with our facebook page.
My mission is to empower you to take back the control in your life and create the change you are looking for. Whether to have time to be with special loved ones, to have more #financial freedom, #time freedom, #health freedom, #family freedom. Is it your time to completely change your life? Because Time for Change is NOW…
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step.
“If you knew your potential to feel good, you would ask no one to be different so that you can feel good. You would free yourself of all of that cumbersome impossibility of needing to control the world, or control your mate, or control your child. You are the only one who creates your reality. For no one else can think for you, no one else can do it. It is only you, every bit of it you.”
~ Esther Hicks